As noted in our last communication, the Blues has continued to monitor and assess the evolving COVID-19 situation. Please be advised that the health and safety of Blues’ families is our number one priority. Given the recent guidance from state and local officials, along with the decision to close schools, the Chicago Blues have made the decision to postpone next week’s scheduled tryouts. While the Edge has not closed, the Chicago Blues believe that this is the best decision for the health and safety of our families.
For now, we have tentatively postponed the tryouts to the week of March 30-April 3 and we will continue to monitor the situation and work closely with the Village of Bensenville. We will send out an updated tryout schedule or let you know if further postponing the Spring program will be necessary. The Chicago Blues will also explore the possibility of obtaining additional ice slots to take into account the postponement of our Spring program.
The Blues apologize for any or inconvenience that this decision may cause. This is an unprecedented global situation and the Blues have decided that our number one priority is safety. We appreciate your understanding and patience as we navigate through these trying times.
Please stay safe and healthy.
--Board of the Chicago Blues Hockey Club